A grid can be used for a simple goal like enhancing your sleep quality to something more elaborate - like World Peace! The combinations are endless, depending only on your purpose for the grid. Whatever your intention, the crystal grid is an effective use of crystal energy when done with your clean intention.
Tumbled, rough or even faceted stones are centered around the "Master Crystal" which acts as the primary energy force for the grid.
Guidelines to making a crystal grid
- Decide on your purpose for the grid. Your clear intention is a key element in empowering the stones' energy. Your intention is what you will use to charge the crystals.
- Write your intention on a piece of paper (or on the back of a photo that depicts your goal).
- Find a safe location to create your grid where it will not be disturbed. Cleanse this space. Some cleansing methods include burning sage, placing a crystal cluster in the room, or bowls of sea salt. Flowers, incense, music, candles can be used to add ambience to your sacred space.
- Place your crystal layout in a geometric pattern (see some examples here)
- Charge the Master Crystal and place it on the layout
- Relax and center yourself. Visualize your goal having already been achieved with a calm mind and positive intention.
- Say a prayer of gratitude.
An important aspect of your grid is to have fun with it and be creative. You can't really make a mistake, if your heart and goals are benign. I have created some Crystal Grid Sets for some of the more popular grids. Try some of these, but feel free to create your own grids with stones and crystals and patterns of your own choosing.
You can make your grid on a tray or movable surface, or place it on a spot where you know it will not be disturbed. Some people secure the stones to the surface with a non-permanent adhesive like silly putty or rubber cement to keep the stones in place. When you are finished using the grid, you can return the stones to the earth or any natural water source, or keep them for another use later. Be sure to cleanse the stones before using them again.