Larimar 10mm round bead
Larimar (dolphin stone, atlantis stone) meaning
Larimar is a relatively new find that occurs one place on earth – on the island of Hispaniola, in the Caribbean Sea.
Larimar was originally discovered in 1916 by a Spanish priest who reported the discovery but no mining was done. Then, in 1974, the American Peace Corps Volunteer, Norman Rilling, and the Dominican, Miguel Mendez, rediscovered the stone on the beaches of Barahona. It was determined by geologists that larimar is a rare form of blue pectolite.
Named for Mr. Mendezs daughter Larissa and the Spanish word for sea Mar, Larimar contains the blue hues of the caribbean sea, with white and gray ‘clouds’. It is a stunning stone.
The available quantity at the mine is unknown, which makes the future supply of Larimar uncertain.
Some believe that larimar is the blue stone with extraordinary healing powers that Edgar Cayce predicted would be discovered in the Caribbean, where he said part of Atlantis could be found.
Larimar awakens feminine power and soothes the emotions.
- Created by volcanic activity, it balances water and fire energy
- Powerful throat chakra stone, assists in expression of emotions
- Teaches respect, love and nurturing
- Cleanses unhealthy emotional blocks, releases attachments
- Excellent for pregnant or new mothers to relieve depression and stress