And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food;
the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil. – Genesis 2:9
KABBALAH is a Jewish mystical tradition.
You will see Kabbalah sometimes spelled with a ‘c’ and even with a ‘q’. No matter what the spelling the Kabbalah
is the study to attempt to understand God. It is the study of the Holy Scriptures and through meditation to understand
spiritual evolution. Cabalists started the secret wisdom in the 3rd century A.D. Using Hebrew, there is a technique
the Cabalists have of rearranging the letters of words to reveal mystical meanings. It has come down that Kabbalah
is dark magic, but it is only mystical. The Kabbalah has had a great influence on astrology, numerology, Tarot
and alchemic philosophy to name a few. Especially numerology, because the Hebrew letters all have a numerical value.
Cabalists sought meaning in the numerical value of Biblical words. Seven is a particularly holy number as there
are so many references to it in the scriptures.
The Tree of Life is a key symbol in Kabbalah.
It is a reminder for personal development with God. The Tree of Life represents ten different characteristics
of God and their effects in creation. The divine essence is at the top, followed by the middle and lower realms
- At the top is Keter or Crown, which is nothingness or “hidden from the eyes of all”
- Binah or understanding is the intellect of reason.
- Hockmah or wisdom indicates fear and thought.
- Gevurah or judgment or power is the outer emotions, discipline and discrimination.
- Hesed or mercy is loving kindness, tolerance inner and active emotions.
- Tiferet or beauty indicates balance.
- Nezah or endurance is eternity, determination, and impulsive elements.
- Hod or glory is the passive, cognitive and controlling elements.
- Yesod or foundation indicates the generative and reflective.
- At the bottom of the Tree of Life is Malkhut or kingdom or presence. This represents the
presence of God in the material world.
A tree is an important symbol.
Most cultures have a tree somewhere in their myths. At times it is a ‘cosmic tree’ that all mystics must climb
to understand the gods. The symbol of the Tree of Life reminds us of the love and grace
God gives to each of us. It has been said trees are the earth’s effort to speak to heaven. As a tree’s branches
give shade and protection from the sun, God always gives us love and protection. Knowing that we are loved and
not alone can give us the strength to do things we did not know we were capable of doing.
The perfect Tree of Life symbol is a magnificent tree made from beautiful gemstones. Each tree is unique. Each
gemstone leaf is attached by hand. The Tree of Life is mounted on a lovely polished stone. Put this beautiful Tree
of Life symbol where you can see it often and give the Tree of Life symbol to all your loved ones.