What Can I Do With My Stones?
You may have just bought your very first stones, and now you are wondering what you can do with them. Or, perhaps you would like to purchase some stones, but are unsure of which ones might be the most helpful to you. Or maybe you are planning to start a collection of stones, and need some ideas on which ones you would like for your collection. Below are some common and simple uses for your stones and crystals.
Put them around your home!
- Place a protective stone, such as black onyx, hematite, or black obsidian, outside by your front door to prevent negative energies, including burglars, from entering your home.
- Place a rose quartz on a table or shelf in a frequently used room, such as a living room, family room, or den, to fill your home with love and harmony.
Put them in your car!
- Placing a golden tiger-eye in your car will help to protect you and your car against accidents. Place the stone in a secure place where it will not roll around or get lost. I suggest wrapping it in wire, attaching it to a cord or chain, and then hanging it from the rearview mirror.
Bring them to work!
- Place a quartz cluster or purple fluorite cluster next to your computer to help protect you from its electromagnetic field.
- Place a smoky quartz on your desk or in your work space to protect yourself against the stress and frustration of your coworkers or clients.
- Keep a rose quartz or amethyst with you. When work is stressful, hold it in your hand or rub it with your fingers.
Bring them with you on your next vacation or business trip!
- Carry an aquamarine or moonstone with you for protection while traveling.
Clear the air!
- To disperse negative energy, use a black or dark stone, such as onyx, obsidian, tourmaline, jet, apache tear, smoky quartz, or hematite. These stones, when placed about a room, home, or other area, work as environmental cleansers that purify the area and protect it from negative energies.
- Lapis, malachite, and bloodstone are good pain relievers. Place them on the affected body part or area of the body until the pain lessens.
- Tape a carnelian to your lower abdomen to relieve the pain of menstrual cramps.
- For a headache, place an amethyst, amber, or turquoise stone on your forehead, or, if you have multiple stones, place them around your head.
- In the case of a migraine, lapis has been used since the time of the ancient Egyptians, if not longer.
Get a good night's sleep!
- Place an azurite, amethyst, or sugilite on your forehead or under your pillow to increase your dreams.
- A garnet or amethyst under your pillow will help you to remember your dreams.
- A black tourmaline, smoky quartz, or amethyst will chase away any nightmares.
- Can't sleep? Place a rose quartz or amethyst by your bed or under your pillow to combat insomnia.
Get in control of your emotions!
- Moonstone, chrysocolla, aventurine, rose quartz, and blue lace agate are all stones that help to balance emotions. You can wear them in jewelry, keep them on your person, or take a bath with them.
- Use a rose quartz for emotional healing.
- Aquamarine, aventurine, moonstone, rhodonite, and rose quartz are calming stones. Lie down and place one over your heart, or bathe with them, or massage yourself with them.
- To relieve stress, worry, fear, and anxiety, use one of the following: aventurine, black tourmaline, black onyx, lapis, sodalite, chrysocolla, rose quartz, citrine, or snowflake obsidian. Use one as a "worry stone". A worry stone is a stone that you keep with you, and whenever you feel worried, stressed, or anxious, you take it out and rub it with your fingers. You can also wear it in jewelry, bathe with it, or massage with it.
- For depression, use amber, smoky quartz or citrine in any of the aforementioned ways.
- To help control anger, keep a red garnet, amethyst, snowflake obsidian, or sodalite with you. Take it out, hold it, and rub it whenever you feel the need.
Increase your brain power!
- Use citrine, fluorite, lapis, pyrite, or sodalite to stimulate the intellect.
- For focusing thoughts and concentration, use citrine, hematite, lapis, black tourmaline, or fluorite.
- To bring mental clarity, use sapphire, peridot, or gold (Imperial) topaz.
- To increase memory, use citrine, amber, black tourmaline, hematite, or fluorite.
- Use amethyst, bloodstone, hematite, or lapis to relieve mental stress.
- For help with problem-solving, use green tourmaline, or citrine.
- To help with decision-making, use azurite, fluorite, or sodalite.
- To use any of these "thinking" stones, wear them as earrings or a pendant, or place them on your desk or workspace.
Spark your creativity!
- Carry or wear an amazonite, azurite, carnelian, chrysocolla, or citrine to get your creativity flowing.
Improve your communication skills!
- Sodalite, sapphire, aquamarine, blue topaz, and chrysocolla are all great stones for communication. Use them to bring self-confidence when public speaking, to help you to speak up for yourself, to be able to explain things in an easy to understand way, to overcome shyness, to be able to speak more clearly and freely , to be able to express yourself better emotionally, and to improve your relationships by keeping communication lines open. These stones work best when worn as a pendant that hangs close to the throat, but they can also be worn as earrings, or held, or carried in your pocket.
Strengthen your intuition!
- To do this, hold a moonstone, chrysocolla, or amazonite to your third eye (brow).
- Meditation crystals can be held, placed on the third eye, or placed before you as a visual focal point. These crystals include: clear quartz, amethyst, celestite, apophyllite, charoite, sugilite, azurite, labradorite, and yellow calcite.
- To get in touch with your spirituality, use amethyst or charoite.
- To gain wisdom, use amethyst, charoite, lapis, sodalite, or sugilite.
- To ground yourself (bring yourself back to Earth) after meditating, hold a grounding stone such as, smoky quartz, black obsidian, snowflake obsidian, black onyx, hematite, or jet.
Feel better about yourself!
- To increase your self-confidence and feelings of self-worth, use azurite, chrysocolla, aquamarine, ruby, moonstone, or rose quartz.
- To raise your self-esteem, use hematite or rose quartz.
- To improve your self-image, use moonstone, rose quartz, or pink kunzite.
- To learn to love yourself, use rose quartz, rhodochrosite, or pink kunzite.
- All of these stones can be held, worn, or carried.
Spread the love!
Rose quartz is THE love stone. Use it to attract love; to increase romance; to strengthen love between friends, lovers, and family members; to make a friendship blossom; to mend a broken heart; and to keep any relationship balanced, peaceful, and loving. No matter what the situation, if it has to do with love, rose quartz is the stone that does it all.
But there are, of course, other stones of love.
Here are just a few examples:
- To attract love, use magnetite or a tantric twin. A tantric twin (also called a soulmate stone) is a stone in which two crystals, such as clear quartz, amethyst, or citrine, of about the same size are joined together side by side.
- To heal the heart, place pink agate, pink kunzite, or pink tourmaline over the heart, or wear as a pendant that hangs close to the heart.
- To balance relationships, use peridot or rhodonite.
- To increase or enhance loving feelings, use emerald, ruby, garnet, or diamond.
Love stones can be worn, carried, held, or bathed with. Place them throughout a room or home to create a more loving atmosphere. Put one next to your bed to increase romance and intimacy.
Add some spice to your sex life!
- Use carnelian, garnet, or red tiger-eye to increase passion, sensuality, and eroticism.
- To increase sexual energy and stamina, use carnelian, bloodstone, ruby, red garnet, or pink tourmaline.
- Use carnelian to stimulate sexuality.
- Use red jasper to prolong sexual pleasure.
- Pink tourmaline will release inhibitions.
- For lack of libido, use fluorite or red garnet.
- Place them next to, on, or around the bed, or wear them as jewelry.
Bring abundance, prosperity, wealth, and success into your life!
- For prosperity, place a citrine in the "wealth corner" of your home. This is the corner to the left of and furthest away from the front door. If this is where your bathroom is, do not put the stone in there, otherwise any wealth that you acquire will go right down the toilet!
- Wealth comes in many forms other than money and material things. Being surrounded by a loving family can make someone feel wealthy. To bring wealth of any kind, wear or carry green aventurine, peridot, bloodstone, emerald, jade, or pyrite (fool's gold).
- Keep a green aventurine in your wallet or purse to make your money multiply.
Bring good luck!
- Wear or carry a green aventurine or golden tiger-eye with you.
- Bring a green aventurine with you to the casino. Wear it in a pouch around your neck, keep it in your pocket, or hold it while you are playing.
Copyright 2010 www.crystal-cure.com. This article may not be reprinted or published without permission from Emily Gems.