A Welcome Bowl to predict the coming year!
I'd like to share with you an annual Yule tradition that I call my "Welcome Bowl".
This can be done throughout the season as visitors come to your home, or at your Christmas or New Year's Eve
party. You will need a decorative bowl or basket surrounded by festive holiday candles and holly, ivy or mistletoe
(to symbolize fertility and everlasting life), and finally a selection of gemstones wrapped in colorful foil or
- On small strips of paper, write down the divinatory meaning (see below)
for each gemstone.
- (Click here for a printable list of stones and
their divinatory meanings.)
- Now wrap the stone with its meaning in the foil or paper.
- Invite each guest to 'stir' the bowl once, then choose their personal Yule stone.
- Ask the guest to keep the stone as a reminder to stay on the path towards their goals throughout
the coming year. The divinatory meaning will assist in a successful path forward.
You can fill your bowl with any combination of gemstones. Mix and match anyway you want. Oh, don't forget -
you will want to pick one too!
I wish you good luck, good health and much joy and prosperity this coming year!
THESE ARE ON SALE ONCE A YEAR NOVEMBER THROUGH EARLY JANUARY