Fortunately, stones and crystals can be used to protect the aura from any harm that can come as a result of these negative energies.
What is your Aura?
The subtle bodies that surround the physical body are collectively known as the aura. The purpose of the aura is to act as a protective screen to block out and repel the negative energies, thoughts, and feelings of others, and also to prevent leakage of your own energy. However, holes, known as auric tears, can form within the aura, weakening it, and thus making it susceptible to harm by invading outside energies. These tears have many causes, including stress, trauma, depression, abuse, and physical injuries or illnesses to name just a few.
Negative people energies come in many forms and in many ways. Stress, for example, can be contagious and be passed from one person onto someone with a weakened or damaged aura. Irritability and anger are also negative energies that can easily be passed onto someone else.
There are also what are called psychic vampires or leeches. When your aura is not strong, it can feel like these people are sucking out all your energy, leaving you feeling exhausted afterwards. A great stone to protect against psychic vampirism is Labradorite which prevents any loss of energy.
And then there are those who deliberately project ill-wishing towards another, usually out of anger, jealousy, envy, or ignorance. This is known as a psychic attack. When there are tears or holes in the aura, these and other negative energies can penetrate the aura and be passed onto you.
Two good stones to protect against psychic attack are Black Tourmaline, which wards off negative energy, and Rose Quartz, which replaces negative feelings with positive ones. Also, just about any dark-colored or black stone will repel or dissolve negative energies. A few of these include: smoky quartz, hematite, jet, black onyx, black obsidian, and apache tear.
Gemstones used for Auric Health and Protection
The following stones are very good to use for auric health and protection in general:
- Amber: aligns the subtle bodies with the physical body. Releases negative energy.
- Amethyst: heals holes in the aura, cleanses it, draws in divine energy to protect the aura.
- Apache Tear: protects the aura and prevents it from absorbing negative energies from any source, but especially the negativity of other people.
- Bloodstone: cleanses the aura.
- Carnelian: repairs the aura.
- Citrine: cleanses and aligns the aura.
- Jet: protects against other’s negative thoughts.
- Magnetite: strengthens the aura.
- Quartz: cleanses, protects, and strengthens the aura. Seals auric tears.
- Smoky Quartz: grounds energy and removes negative energy from the aura.
- Green Tourmaline: heals auric tears.
Methods used to Protect your Aura
There are several ways to use stones and crystals to heal and protect the aura:
For healing the aura, one easy way is to do so is by slowly passing your chosen stone or crystal over the aura (the space around the entire body). An auric tear will feel cold and empty. The stone may start to feel differently, such as becoming cold or vibrating slightly. Once you’ve located a hole or tear, hold the stone over the area for several moments. You may feel the need to move the stone around the area in clockwise circles or with an up and down motion. This is fine to do. You will feel when the tear has been sealed.
Another way to work with the stones is through the chakras. Do this by holding your chosen stone or crystal over each chakra in turn for a few moments. Doing so periodically will help to keep your chakras strong and healthy, which in turn will help to keep your aura healthy as well. If damage is sensed over a chakra (the same as with the aura), move the stone in a counter-clockwise motion over the chakra. This will release any negative energy that may be lingering there. Then move the stone in a clockwise pattern over the chakra. This will heal the chakra and seal it.
The easiest way to use stones for protection is to simply carry your chosen protection stone on your person. For protection of any kind (physical, emotional, auric, etc.), it is often recommended that the stone or crystal be placed in the left pocket, though I don’t feel that this is necessary. A stone talisman may also be carried for protection.
Another common and easy way to use stones for protection is to wear gemstone jewelry. An amulet makes a great piece of jewelry to wear for protection, but really any type of jewelry, especially gemstone pendants and gemstone rings, can be worn.
Talismans and Amulets
Talismans and amulets have been used for protection around the world by many different cultures for thousands of years. A talisman is a small object that a person carries with them with the belief that the object will help manifest a specific end, usually to bring good fortune or to help in the achievement of a goal. A good luck charm is an example of a talisman. The Egyptian Ankh is another example. Stones, rings, charms, and amulets are commonly used as talismans, and they are often engraved with symbols, totems, figures, or characters.
An amulet is a small object that is made and worn or carried specifically for protection, usually to ward off evil and to protect against illness or harm. Amulets are most often rings or pendants to be worn around the neck; but charms, fetishes, good-luck objects, and small carvings can also be used as amulets, and are usually carried in a small bag or pouch that is either worn around the neck or kept in a pocket. It is common for these objects to be made of stone or to have stones on them.
Protection Stones Commonly Worn as Amulets:
- Agate: protects against danger, worldly troubles, and harmful spirits. Protects one while traveling.
- Eye Agate: wards off the evil eye.
- Amber: protects the aura and works as a protector in general.
- Amethyst: protects against drunkenness, hailstorms, thunderstorms and lightning, black witchcraft, psychic attack, and healing burnout. Protects one while traveling. Protects soldiers from harm. Wards off attempts by others to steal one’s power.
- Angelite: increases angelic protection.
- Apache Tear: protects the aura and protects one against environmental stresses.
- Aquamarine: protects one against drowning and when traveling over water. Counteracts the lure of dark spirits and procures wise ones.
- Bloodstone: guards against deception, harmful spirits, wounds and insect bites. Offers psychic protection.
- Carnelian: protects from the powers of the devil and harmful spirits. Blocks attempts to read your mind. Protects against injury caused by falling walls or buildings.
- Citrine: makes one less susceptible to negative influences.
- Diamond: protects against plague and pestilence.
- Emerald: keeps away evil spirits and voids the powers of magicians.
- Epidote: protects against conflicting circumstances.
- Fluorite: works as a psychic shield and protects one while in the psychic and spirit realms. Protects against computer and electromagnetic stresses.
- Jade: protects children from childhood diseases.
- Jasper: general protection, and protection against harmful spirits. Protection from the bite of venomous creatures.
- Jet: wards off negative energy.
- Labradorite: protects the aura from negative energy. Protects against psychic attack, psychic vampirism, negative alien interference and implants, negative attachments, and spirit possessions.
- Malachite: protects against negativity from others and psychic attack. Guards against radiation and poisoning.
- Marcasite: protects one from negative energy and entities.
- Moonstone: protects against the dangers of travel, especially when traveling on water.
- Obsidian: blocks negative influences and energies. Protects against environmental stresses.
- Black Onyx: protects from harmful spirits and environmental stresses. Blocks negative influences.
- Opal: protects from those who may wish you harm.
- Peridot: powerful protection against negative forces. Acts as a shield of protection for the body.
- Quartz: protects against negative energies.
- Smoky Quartz: protects and shields from harm and negative influences.
- Tourmalinated Quartz: protects one’s life purpose for this incarnation.
- Ruby: shields against psychic attack and misfortune.
- Sugilite: protects the soul from shocks and disappointments.
- Tiger Eye: protects against harmful spirit intrusions. Protects travelers in automobiles from accidents.
- Blue Topaz: protects from harm.
- Black Tourmaline:protects against harmful physical and psychic influences such as psychic attack, psychic vampires, spirit possession, and harmful spirit intrusions. Protects the aura against negative thought forms and energy. Protects against spells, ill-wishing, microwaves, radiation, and environmental and geopathic stresses.
- Turquoise:protects from physical injury, especially broken bones, and from danger.
Look through our large variety of gemstones and jewelry and start protecting your aura now to rid yourself of negative energies in your life.
Copyright 2011 www.crystal-cure.com. This article may not be reprinted or published without permission from Emily Gems.